Friday, April 3, 2009

Biker Rossi


Yes, exactly as the title suggested, Rossi got on the bike.

Actually, we brought her to see the vet on the bike. As Rossi had a sneezing problem and some fur loss at her nose area, I was very concerned and bugged my hubby to take her to the vet for a checkup. The vet was not too far from our home, probably 4 to 5 bus-stops away. At first, I had wanted to carry Rossi in the doggie bag and walk over if no cab wanted to take us.

However, hubby disagreed. He said that even though the clinic was not far, walking would still requite a fair bit of time and stamina. As for cabbies, we had also heard of many cases whereby they refused to take passengers with pets. Therefore, he decided that we bring her there on his bike since the distance was not too far. He said, all I needed to do was to put her in the doggie bag and hold her close to me. Also, we just put a collar on her and secure the collar to the latch in the bag as a protection. Then all should be fine.

I was quite skeptical about the bike idea initially, as I personally found it risky for Rossi, especially when she's still so small. What if she got stressed and tried to jump out of the bag? What if I didnt manage to hold on to her tight enough and couldnt stop her from jumping off? I was also worried that a Traffic Police might spot us doing this and penalize us. But hubby insisted it would be all be okay.

We placed Rossi in the bag and I placed her on my lap, holding her close as I sat on the bike. Once ready, Hubby zoomed off. He rode at a slower speed than usual. During the journey, Rossi hid herself into the bag. I held her as close as possible, while assuring her that it was alright and she did not have to be afraid. I was also nudging hubby to slow down further too. Eventually, Rossi calmed down too and put her little head out of the bag's opening as we reached our destination safely.

On the return ride home, I reminded hubby to go slow for Rossi's benefit, while I did my best to put her at ease. This time, Rossi poked her head and a mini paw out of the bag! I was so afraid that she was going to jump off! I tried to get her to go back in, but she insisted on havinig her head out. As she was not wearing any protective gear like helmet or goggles, I tried my best to cover her face with the palm of my hand. I didnt want foreign particles in the air to hit any part of her face, especially eyes. But to our relief, she did not get jumpy. In fact, she seemed to enjoy the ride!

When we reached the carpark and parked the bike, we praised her lavishly for her bravery on the bike and for not getting nauseous from the ride. It was then that I realised that without my knowing, Rossi had loosen herself from the collar! And I did not know about it! Oh gosh! I was shocked! This meant that if she were to jump out from the bag, there might be a possibility that I might not be able catch her in time without the help of the collar. Luckily, she was fine.

Bravo!! Our darling is cool little biker gal!
The name, Rossi, suits her more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment