Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pepper the 'Terror'

Before Rossi gal was in my life, Pepper was a 'Terror' in my eyes.

Pepper belongs to one of Daddy's cousins. Since our dating days, Daddy and I would go over for visitation at this cousin's house during CNY. Every year when CNY approached, the thought of visiting his house stressed me out, for Pepper the 'Terror' would be standing vigilantly at the door barking out. Every time, we would hear her continuous hearty barks the minute we set foot on the floor and walked along the corridor towards the house.


Pepper is quite a vocal gal, so her barks would persist all the way till we step into the house. She would then sniff us all over and follow us wherever we go. As usual, my heart would be racing and I would hold on tightly to daddy's arm for my dear life, while whispering to him, "I'm scared. I'm scared." I wanted to scream each time Pepper came near me, but as daddy's other aunts and uncles around, so I would suppress the urge to do so. His cousin or aunt would then come to my rescue ASAP and herd Pepper off.

We would usually hang out in his cousin's room, sit on his bed to watch some TV program. Pepper would also hang out with us in the room. 99% of the time, my eyes would on Pepper to ensure she didn't come near and I would sit cross-legged to the far corner of the bed to prevent her from touching me at all.

Besides being vocal, Pepper is also quite inquisitive. She seemed to know I didn't want to be near her, but still, she would walk to and fro in front of the bed, lingering as close as she could get from where I was sitting and stare intently at me. The silly me would nudge daddy and tell him, "she is staring at me...she is too close...I'm very scared...Can your cousin carry her and dun let her walk around??"


Whenever it was time to leave the house, it was a welcomed relief for me. But Poor Pepper would have to be held back by his cousin for me to walk of the house 'safely'.

Those were the days. LOL. Things changed after I have Rossi gal. 

On the very next CNY (after Rossi came home), Pepper is the 'Terror'..No More. When I stepped into the house, his cousin and aunt were expecting me to react in the terrified manner I always did. Instead, they were shocked with mouths agape when they saw me lift Pepper into my arms and carried her around with me. I guessed I caught Pepper by surprise too, for she suddenly stopped barking when I carried her and she had tat surprised look on her face. For the rest of my stay, she laid in my arms calmly, as I caressed her little head and body.

That was the most relaxed visit I have at his cousin's house after all these years. It was also the last I saw Pepper, cos I stopped going for CNY visitation there.


Pepper is still looking pretty good, as seen from the pictures. She is 10+ yrs young & counting. They are taken by Daddy on CNY Day 2 this year.

Below is an earlier blog post that I have written a few years back. There is a part about Pepper, but I didn't manage to post a pic of her then.

A Little Something About Me

No comments:

Post a Comment