Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Bagging Up

The meats and RMBs from the mini spree has thawed sufficiently for my processing.

Usually, I do not thaw out the raw meats and RMBs completely. When they are thawed to a semi-frozen state and 'soft' enough for me to slice through / separate them, I will begin to work on them (slice the meats, separate the pieces of RMB individually), followed by weighing (for sliced meats) and bagging them up into individual portions.

Bagging up

Sliced Lamb & Pork meats weighed, bagged and segregated
into their respective cuts - fillet, tenderloin, rump and shoulder.

Chicken drums (left) & wings (right) bagged+labelled respectively.

The bags of meats are then put into ziplog bags and into the freezer.

The drums and wings also are placed into ziplog bags, then into the freezer.

I personally find that when the raw meats are fully thawed, they tend to become very 'soft'. For me, slicing through fully thawed meats is not as smooth and easy. It also becomes more messy during slicing, as there would be more blood from the meats. 

With semi-frozen meats, I find the process of slicing easier and smoother due to the semi-solid state of the meats. It is also less messy, with lesser blood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment