Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Baby is Growing Up!

Finally, I have time for an update. Its been over a month since my last entry.

My baby is growing up into a fine gal. She is going to be 6 months old this coming saturday. Like any mummy, I am brimming with pride for her as I watch her grow day by day from a little furby into a fine, well-boned young girle. Till date, she has dropped 9 baby teeth, which I kept them securely in a container. I remember when she dropped her first tooth, my hubby was so excited. From then onwards, we were vigilantly screening our floor for her teeth whenever we walk or mop the floor, as we do not want to miss out on any of her dropped baby teeth. An obvious sign of having another dropped teeth would be the traces of blood seen on the toy she had been chewing on.

She is also getting smarter, more obedient and more affectionate as she grows up. Me and my hubby love her more and more with each passing moment. To us, she has a sweet and independent character. She loves to shower us with endless kisses on our faces, hands, arms, legs..literally wherever she can get her lips on. The first thing she does when she wakes up each morning is kiss me, followed by her daddy. She would not make any noise to wake us up. When we are both at work, she would be at home on her own, never throwing any tantrums when we leave the house each morning. Then when we are back from work, she would be overjoyed, jumping up and down, nudging us with a toy in her little mouth to play fetch with her. She is fast in learning a new thing and good in responding to a command.

What amazes us recently is that she knows the right place to do her business in two different places that we have been to. The first place is our friends' house, where they have two poodles. The second place is the pet shop, where she has been going to for grooming. (The pet shop owner also owns two doggies that roams about freely in the shop.) On the occasions where we went to these two places, my gal was able to find the right designated potty areas(that was meant for their dogs), to do her business. Our friends and the pet shop owner were also amazed that she knew the right place to do her business even when she was at a different place.

Naturally, as her daddy and mummy, we were extremely proud of her. She is indeed a beautiful addition to our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment