Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Small Gal with a Very Big HEART

Rossi, my daughter..my sweetheart..my love, you are always there for mummy and daddy, especially when we need you.

However, many times, it is always our personal commitments that left us with no choice and have to leave you to stay alone in your little home during these times. I do feel bad whenever I have to leave you at home for long hours due to my work. At times, I do think it is in some way, unfair to you, because to us, you are a very essential part of our lives, but to you, we are your whole world. Regardless of this, you give us your love so unconditionally and generously. In return, all you ask of us, is just some of our time and attention.
Every morning, when you know I have to leave for work, you would let me cuddle you in my arms and watch me quietly as I pass you your toys and walk out of the door. Then you patiently wait for me to come home to you. When I am finally home, your face brightens up like the shimmering christmas lights, as you warmly welcome me home. I love the way you smile as you look up at me. To me, your smile is the sweetest and most angelic one I have ever seen. I guess no body can smile as sincerely and beautifully like you do.

Whenever daddy or mummy is down, you would always try your very best to cheer us up in your own little ways. Your little innocent ways would always touch our hearts and lighten up our burdens. Then you would stay close to us and assure us that we are not alone. You are always so sensitve to our feelings and thoughtful towards us during our dull moments. (*Though you can be very playful and notti at times, we understand that you just want to have fun with us. Sometimes, you do get a little overboard with your playing, but that's ok, we know it's unintentional.)

In the past, whenever I came across other furkid owners relate touching stories of their special bonds with their furkids, I could not understand and did not truly believe that such bonds could be possible, at least, not in my case, as I was insanely terrified of all furry kids, big and small. I was so sure then, that in my heart and my household, there will never, ever be any room for a furkid.

But evidently, I am so very wrong! A special baby gal, small as you are, has miraculously found your way into the depths of my heart and etched your place strongly and permanently there. Now, I cannot imagine gettting through each day without you by my side.

Some time back, I read somewhere that furkids have a shorter lifespan than us, as they have to be furkids for 10 lives before they can become a human in their next lifetime. Thus, due to their shorter lifespan, each year of their lives is equivalent to an average of 7 years. Their average lifespan is about 15 years. Though 15 years itself is not a short time period, it is not sufficient for me.

Rossi Darling, how mummy wish you could be with me as long as I live! I want to grow old together with you by my side! In my heart, I know this is not possible, so for as long as we live, we will make our lives together fruitful and worthwhile. No matter where we may be, mummy knows our hearts will always be together.

Mummy's only wish for you now, is to grow up healthily and happily.
And one more thing... Smile for mummy everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment