Monday, October 4, 2010

Baking Time!

On a bright Sunday afternoon, I happily gathered up some ingredients and wanted to do some baking. It was then I realised I missed out an important ingredient, "Eggs". There was not a single egg left in my fridge. The last egg was eaten up by Rossi gal two days ago.


I told daddy, it seemed like I have to postphone my baking plans. But daddy said, No Worries, he will get those eggs for me. I use organic eggs in my baking and the nearest place that has this is the NTUC at Thomson Plaza, so this means he have to drive out to get them.

Baking in Progress.

So sweet of daddy. He was actually planning to nap the afternoon away, but still, he went out to get the eggs for me..?? Hmm..to be specific, its actually for Rossi gal, cos the baking is for her. If I didnt have the eggs, I couldnt do the baking , then Rossi gal wont get to eat the snacks on the day itself. Daddy wanted Rossi gal to have her snacks, so he went to get the eggs. Loads of Daddy Love for Rossi gal. :)



"Blueberry Cheese Muffins"Fresh from the oven

The little black dots are blueberries. Shredded low fat cheddar cheese is used. The portion of baking powder and baking soda used are a little lesser than the original recipe. For baking powder, I didnt use the readily available ones in the supermarket, as many of them contain "Aluminium", so I mixed my own baking powder.


Other ingredients used are organic quinoa flour, plain low-fat yoghurt, pure honey, madagascar vanilla powder, organic cold-pressed olive oil and filtered water. I love making muffins, cos I love the way the muffins rise into puffy tops!


I used to buy Rossi gal's baked snacks (eg.biscuits, muffins) from USDB. They got nice snacks. But as I wanted control over the ingredients, I decided to bake my own snacks for Rossi gal, though I know nuts about baking then. For Rossi gal's sake, I learnt baking from scratch, perserving through the many trials & errors + failed attempts and finally, succeeding. It was all worth it.


Besides this, I also give her other natural treats prepared by me. Personally, I do not feel safe with any food or treats from the pet shops anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment