Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little Tweak

I have made a little tweak to Rossi gal's diet, starting from last week. 

When she first started on raw, I started her on 2.5% of her body weight, then later, increased to 3%. Now I changed her back to 2.5% again, considering the amount of treats she eats everyday. She's such a snacker!

Daddy has been complaining that I "over-feed" her, seeing the amounts of food+treats I give her daily. Well, I'm begining to feel it too. @_@

For her diet, I plan to put her on a red-meat based diet for the time being. Previously, I was feeding basically alternate weeks of red and white meats.

I observed that she does much better on red meats esp.lamb & pork than white meats like chicken & turkey. With the exception of her favorite weekly drummie, the rest of her diet will be red meats. I want to see if this form of diet is more suitable for her. 

I'm thinking if she's better on red meats, why not give her a diet based on it and see if its better for her? Even if I decide to put her on a long term red meat based diet, for variety purpose, I will still include some white meats, but in smaller quantities and not as often.

I will monitor her progress on this tweak and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment