Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rossi gal Vs the whole Cornish Hen

During Rossi gal's first year on raw, I got her a Cornish Hen once. At that time, I bought it out of curiousity & I thought it looked cute, as it was a small chicken, unlike those usual sized chickens I was used to seeing.

Back then, I chopped it up into pieces instead of giving the whole hen to her, as I didnt think she could handle it. She was still new to raw.

In the recent months, I watched a video of my fren's dogs tackling the whole cornish hen. I was very inspired by the video & it made me wanna get the cornish hen for Rossi gal to eat it whole.


So, in the next shopping trip, I included the cornish hen in my must-get list. I got the hen from my usual butcher. The packaging has changed from the previous time I bought it, but it's still the same thing.


Though the hen is quite small, just 18oz (510g), I was expecting to help Rossi gal with it, as she had never eaten this way before & also, when it comes to feeding her bones, like lamb rack, chicken drum/wing (the usual ones I feed), she would usually need me to hold the bone for her to start her off. Then after some tearing+chewing, I would release it for her to finish up on her own.

However, to my surprise, when the hen was presented to her, she sniffed at it  & started digging in on her own without hesitation & without any help from me! ;p I was both surprised and delighted!

Here is a video of her working on the whole cornish hen. =)


I enjoyed watching her work the hen. I can't help, but think my darling looks so cool tackling the hen. LOL. *proud mummy syndrome* @@


She didnt manage to finish up the whole hen in one sitting. She finished ard 3/4 of it & stopped eating, so I stored the remaining carcass back into the fridge and gave it to her for breakfast on the next day. 

*I kept thinking she ate ard 1/2 the hen, but on closer look as I wrote this blog post, it looked more like she finished ard 3/4 of it! LOL. *blur me* x___x  

Nothing wasted, the whole hen is devoured by my darling. :) So this is it, the cornish hen will be included as part of her diet.


My darling resting on the sofa, after her hen meal. I like the satisfied look on her sweet face. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment