Thursday, June 9, 2011

What's on my Mind?

Lately, I have been reading about fasting dogs when they refuse to eat their meals (aka kibbles & some alternative dried food etc).

There are some, who advise others to declare a 'War of Will' on their dogs by withholding all types of foods to their dogs (in short, fast them), for as long as they refuse to eat their meals, until such a time they finally relent and obediently finish up their meals.

It seems that fasting is a very common way to make dogs submit and finish up their food. It is also said that they can go without food for a couple of days or more, so no harm done.

I used to be one of those who believe in all these too, but Not anymore now.

I would say, try getting yourself starved for a day or two and see if you can take it, ya.

In the first place, I cannot bear to fast my Rossi gal. (Well, actually, I did attempt to 'starve' her once...for like 3 hours or so?? if this is even considered a fast???...but couldnt bring myself to go beyond this. :< ) I love my Rossi gal alot. I myself couldnt stand being starved, so why would I wanna starve my Rossi gal?

They also come up with reasonings like, we rule our dogs, our dogs dun rule us...so our dogs refusing their food is equivalent to them wanting to rule us?? Hmm...strange logic.

Perhaps, just stop to think for a moment...consider the possibility that there might be something wrong with the food, especially when the dog starts to reject the food after a short time of eating it (for eg. within weeks or even, days), rather than just jumping straight into the conclusion that the dog is being picky? You know your dog best.

I do believe our dogs are capable of knowing what's good for them and they do have the right to choose too. Why can't they choose anyway? Just cos we are the so-called 'alpha'?? Oh...I used to be in awe of this alpha thing too, but Not anymore now.

I regard myself as Rossi gal's mummy, my hubby as her daddy and she is our daughter. That's our relationship. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment