Monday, April 29, 2013

She's Loving Raw!

Today marks Rubie's Day 10 on Raw. I'm happy to say she is loving raw & doing well on it. :)  She eased into raw much better than I anticipated too.


Every morning & night at meal times, she would automatically stroll to the kitchen & wait near me like this in the kitchen, as I prepare her food. She will meow & meow at me & go merry-go-round at my feet if she finds that I'm taking too long to do up her meal. LOL.

Even if she has finished her meal, she still likes to follow me to the kitchen & hang around, as I go about my chores.

She also likes to roll her back on the floor & look up at me, like she wants my attention. She looks so adorable with her rolling, that I couldn't help, but to stop my work from time to time to look at her. This gal is so cute!

Her Day 7 Dinner
There is a significant difference in Rubie after she is switched to raw. She seems to have this new burst of energy in her that is not present before.

Before this, she was always lying around, not really interested in playing or scratching the cat post. She just wanted to lie on the floor or bed. We have to prompt her for some time, before she was willing to play. After a short while of playing, she would pant hard & stop to rest.

Now she finishes her meals pretty fast,
but she still doesn't like big pieces of meat.
After going raw, we see her starting to play with the toys on her own, without us engaging her in play. Then when she sees us, she would also try to engage us in play! We can even hear her playing on her own in the middle of the night, as her collar bell clinks with every move she makes. She can play for quite a long while & not get easily tired like she used to.

Initially, she didn't touch the scatch post we got for her at all too. We thought she didn't like to scatch. It was untouched for over a month during the time she was in the care of her boarder. We visited her every week & he told us that she didn't scatch it at all. Then back to our home, she began to scratch the post after a few days. Now she scratches the post every now and then. I bought a new scratch board & ordered in another new scratch post for her too.

From a "lazy" kitty, she has flourished to become an energetic kitty. I attribute this amazing change in her to Raw. It is without a doubt, the work of Raw. I believe alot in diet. The appropriate diet will really bring about positive changes and benefits to our furkids.


She had her first taste of raw bone on Saturday. I bashed a wing tip up with a meat tenderiser/hammer to help her along. Initally, she didn't wanna touch it. I held it to her mouth, she sniffed at it & refused to eat it. Then I decided to leave her with the wing tip and let her figure it out on her own. One thing about her is, she doesn't really like to be watched as she eats. 

Dozing off on top of her scratch board after food & play.
I went off to do some work around the house. After a while, I went back to check on her progress. Her plate was empty! She had finished up the wing tip! That's the way to do it, Rubie. Keep it up! I wanted to take shots & the video of her eating her first bone, but was unable to do so this time round. Will try to do it next time. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment