Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Coming of "R"-Day

The arrival of "R"-Day is drawing closer than ever.
In a matter of hours, Rossi will be coming home.

Around this time tomorrow, our buddies and adorable little doggie friend, Mocha will be with us to fetch Rossi back. Rossi is such a lucky little gal to have so many of us welcoming her home!


I have also specially bought a pretty pinky doggie bag for her to rest during the journey home tommorrow. As some puppies might have the tendency to experience motion sickness, we would be putting a couple of thick towels into the bag,just in case she feels nauseous. I do hope she could withstand the trip home somehow.

It was a busy night yesterday. My hubby was washing our clothes, bedsheets etc + hanging them up and changing our bedsheets, while I was putting + throwing away some books, magazines and unwanted stuff to clear up some space. Tonight, we will be mopping & vacuuming the floor + doing some last minute cleaning up. We wanted to ensure our more important household tasks are done, so that we can devote our time over the weekend to orientate Rossi with her new surrounding and ease her entry into our little family.

I am concerned as to how well she would be able to adjust to her environment and how long she would take to get comfy with it. In any case, she is still a baby and she doesn't know us yet. Standing from the viewpoint of her innocent little mind, she would be walking away from everything she knows and suddenly venturing into a foreign territory with people she is unfamiliar with. How scary and stressful it must be for her...

Then for the first few nights, it is possible that she might whine / cry in her new sleeping area. But to our knowlege, it would be best if we just leave her alone to whine / cry, as she would get used to it gradually and stop her whines / cries. I just hope I would somehow have the will power to ignore her whines / cries. Or rather, I hope my hubby would be able to restrain me if I show any telltale sign of wanting to baby her.

Well, I think all in all, time is the factor. Given ample time, she should be able to get used to her new home nicely, but it is definitely more difficult for her at the begining. I just could'nt help feeling worried for her, especially when I am a first-time owner and do not have firsthand experience in having a dog.

Hubby and I just have to work together and do our best to help our little gal settle in. With patience and love, I believe we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment