Saturday, March 21, 2009

How I Met Rossi

It was “Love at First Sight”. From the moment our eyes met, I know in my heart that Rossi is the one for me.

When I first saw Rossi, she had just awakened from her afternoon nap. Her lovely tri-colored hues caught my attention. Her body is covered in flowing shades of black and white with a small patch of brown on her cute bottom, while her face is wrapped in velvet black with markings of brown on her brows and cheeks. What a pretty little girl! (By the way, she is a Papillon Pup. At this time, she is 2mths+ old. )

Then she started to notice me and turned to look at me. At this point, our eyes met and I felt an instant connection with her. Rossi has a pair of gentle and soulful eyes. I simply love her eyes. Her steady gaze followed me as I moved around her vicinity.

It was like her eyes could talk and convey her thoughts. I know this might sound far-fetched, but I could really feel her eyes telling me that she wished to come home with me.

She was not like the other puppies around that barked continuously when it was time for food. Instead, she was quietly waiting for her food and ate heartily when the food was given to her. This was another aspect that drew me even more to her. I couldn’t bear to leave the place and continued to watch her for a long time. Before I left, I silently told her in my heart, to wait for me to come back for her.

This is first time that I feel such a bond with a doggie. I also read somewhere that a doggie chooses her owner, just as much as we choose our doggie. When we have found the right doggie, we would be bonded with her from the very first meeting and we will know in our hearts that this is our doggie. After reading this, combined with the bond I felt with Rossi, I believe she is meant to be my doggie.

When I told my hubby about this, as expected, he dismissed it as a wishful part of my thinking and commented that I think too much. At the same time, he was hoping to open up our options to look around for other doggies before we decide on which one to get.

Well, despite what he might think, I trust my intuition. I was also not that keen to look at other doggies, as I could not get Rossi and her expressive eyes out of my mind. For the next few days, I began to bug him endlessly about Rossi. Slowly, his thoughts began to come around and he relented, saying that Rossi might just be the one. Perhaps my bugging worked its magic. (Or was it Rossi who somehow wormed her way into his heart?)

1 comment:

  1. I chose Mocha caused...he is uniquely "Black"! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete