Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Discernment

The following entry is purely my personal opinion in my own space. If there is any difference in opinion, please refrain from posting it. Any negative or argumentative comments are not appreciated and will be removed immediately.


As Rossi gal's mummy, I find it so important to be discerning towards the things advised by anyone, especially the professionals (we know who). This is not to say all things said are incorrect, but it is of utmost importance on my part to use discernment to retain the good and discard the impurities. 


I have learnt a painful lesson by placing my unwavering trust in these professionals or pros. It not only aggravated Rossi gal's condition, but it make me come to the realization that I should not have trusted any of them blindly. The fault is mine, for I should have practised my discernment towards their advices. Why put the blame on them when I am the one who have failed to discern for my gal? It was only when Rossi gal's skin condition worsened before I realised I have misplaced my trust. In my most honest opinion, their words are definitely Not gospel, though many still hold a strong belief in them.


Many believe in the importance of preventive Heartworm meds, deworming meds and spot-on tick & flea meds. Like them, I used to administer such meds on Rossi gal religiously. To ensure I remember to use these meds regularly, I used to mark both my home & office calendars; and set handphone reminder alarms to remind myself, fearing that Rossi gal will be attacked by mosquitoes, pests and parasites if I forget to do so. 


Besides, haven't the pros always emphasized how critical it is to adminster all these regularly without fail, or else our kids are at risk..? Considering the foreign ingredients on their labels, some of which I can't even pronounce, how safe are they? Are they safe for long term usage? Any side effects?


Another area that could not be emphasized enough, is 'Annual Vaccinations', whereby shots must be done on our furkids for every year of their entire life. Shots consist of a combination of various viruses, meant to create immunity in our kids against all sorts of harmful or fatal diseases.


Rossi gal had taken her 1st booster shot. She was actually a few days late for her 1st booster.The pro told me that a few days was fine, but if it's weeks or months late, a SERIES of shots taken during her puppy time might ve to be retaken! I was also reminded that her booster shot should be best taken on the same day next year to keep her immunity up to date! Sounds ridiculous.


Hmm..I'm very skeptical about this annual vac/booster thingy. For one, we ourselves do not take immunity shots for our entire life, why should they have it? Reasons like they are physically different from us or their vaccine types are different from us do not hold any weight. Vaccines are vaccines and they work the same way in providing immunity. Why should immunity be boosted over and over again?


With questions brimming in my mind, I decided that I must not be lazy anymore. I proceeded to dedicate hours into serious research, setting out to seek answers. It's tiring, but Rossi gal is worth every bit of my effort. My efforts were also rewarded with the answers that I had been searching for.


To make the long story short, after I got my answers, I decided on the following for Rossi gal. It may sound scary to some, but its my decision and I know why I'm doing this. Here it goes:


1) No Annual Vaccinations. Her 1st booster shot is her 1st and last. My personal stand on this is, Annual Vaccination is unnecessary. I believe this 1 shot is sufficient to provide the immunity she needs. Less is more. But I will continue to take her for yearly check ups / blood tests.


2) No Heartworm Meds.  I opt to take her for regular tests and use natural means for prevention.  


3) No Deworming Meds. I opt to use natural worming methods.


4) No Spot-On Tick & Flea Meds. I opt to use natural repellents.


I believe the first line of defence against parasites, infections and diseases is a good immune system, which is attainable with a good diet. And I firmly believe it is by giving a Raw Diet. They are designed to consume Raw.Their bodies are made to digest raw meat and bones. They need Raw for survival and sustenance. Just look at their teeth. They are pointed and angular, clearly made for tearing meat and crunching bones.


Ever wonder why more and more furkids' health is deteriorating? Why are they contracting illnesses/ diseases/ cancers even at a young age? Many of these illnesses/ diseases/ cancers are the very same ones that affect us too. Why?


In my humble but honest opinion, this is due to a combination of factors, with the first and foremost being the diet (Processed/Cooked). Others include genetics(which I'm not going into), as well as the ones mentioned above.  


I know any decision I make directly affects my Rossi gal, so I do my best to make the choices that best suit her based on my understanding of what she needs. I would not say I'm doing a fantastic job in caring for her, but there is not a single doubt that I give my very best to her.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with you totally rossi ma..
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Coffee & Baubles' Mummy, I'm very happy to know that a fellow Mummy shares my opinion. :) In fact, among the many people I come in contact with, you are the only one who agrees with me. Really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete