Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Succulent Pork Nuggets

There are raw feeders who are not in favour of giving raw pork due to hygiene, parasitic or nutritional reasons. However, I am not deterred by them.

I believe in giving a variety of meat sources, including pork, in Rossi gal's diet. I believe that as long as I get the meat from a trusted source and handle the meat as I would for my own consumption, there is no cause for concern in her eating pork at all.

In terms of nutrition, yes, Pork may not be as nutritious compared to richer meats like chicken and lamb, but for variety purpose, it's definitely good to include it as part of her diet.

On the other hand, the nutritional level of the pork may also vary with factors like, the pig species, rearing method, country of origin and type of feed. Certain pig varieties can be higher in nutritional value than others.

Rossi is having "Kurobuta Pork Nuggets" this week. 

I guess its all up to individual. I also know of raw feeders who do not hesitate to feed raw pork and its parts like the hooves and ears. As far as I'm concerned, I'm confident in the sources of the different raw meats I give Rossi gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment