Monday, September 13, 2010

Yummy Chicken Tenders

Rossi gal's new menu for the week, "Raw Chicken Tenders with Fresh Greens". Initially, I was quite hesitant in giving her raw chicken, as she used to exhibit allergic reactions to chicken in both the kibbled and cooked forms.


 As I did not want Rossi gal to miss out on chicken, I proceeded to do some reading up to see if it was possible to include it in her diet.


In my read-up, I read about some raw feeders, whose furkids had chicken allergies while on a dry/cooked diet, but did fine on raw chicken and also, learnt that raw chicken, which is in its natural,unaltered state (referring to chicken that is antibiotics & hormones free) is different from chicken in its processed/cooked state, whereby its chemical composition is already altered by heat. Thus, furkids should generally have no problem taking it raw, except maybe for some exceptional cases. With this, I decided to let Rossi try raw, organic chicken.

As per my earlier blog entries, I started off with chicken wings, followed by chicken drummie. She was fine with them and loves eating them, especially the drummie. This time, I'm giving her chicken breast meat. Needless to say, she loves it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment