Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pictures of Rossi gal - Before & After Raw

As mentioned in my earlier blog entry entitled Hope, I will be posting up pictures of Rossi gal's bald patch Before and After she went on the Raw Diet.

Just to recap (as "Hope" is a lengthy post), Rossi gal's hair fell out due to Demodectic Mange, leaving a big, glaring bald patch on her body. The bald patch had been there for over a year. Despite visits to different vets, change of diet from Kibbles to Homecooked and many supplements, nothing helped her hair regrow. These vets did not diagnose her condition accurately too, until I brought her to Dr Ly of ARVC. Finally, Dr Ly made the right diagnosis of Demodectic Mange. But he was not optimistic about her hair regrowing. In fact, he told me that he did not think any hair was going to grow back as her hair follicles were dead. However, he recommended that I change Rossi gal to a raw diet and see if it can help her.

I have read up about Raw even before he made the recommedation, but just couldnt bring myself to start her on Raw due to the usual fears of bacteria, choking on bones etc etc. But after Dr Ly said to go Raw, I knew in my heart, for Rossi gal's sake, I must overcome all my fears and go ahead to do it. So I did it, I switched Rossi gal to Raw.

She was deemed a "Hopeless Case". Daddy and I were mentally accepting 'the fact' that her bald patch was here to stay. The turning point came after she was switched to Raw. We started to witness hair regrowing and covering up her bald patch gradually. Raw turned out to be the best thing I have done for my precious Rossi gal.

Now, here goes the pictures:

The Close-Up Views
The Bald Patch Before Raw
(*This bald patch became bigger than what is shown in the above picture later on, due to more hair that fell out, but I didnt manage to take any close-up pics of this. Thus, the above pic is the only close-up pic I have of her bald patch before raw.)

1 Month After Raw

2 Months After Raw

3 Months After Raw

4 Months After Raw
(Picture taken yesterday)

The Overall Views 
Rossi gal Before Raw

Rossi gal After Raw

4 comments:

  1. the change is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Coffee&Baubles mum, ya, I'm amazed by the change too. It is amazing what the right diet can do. Raw has definitely benefitted my Rossi gal in a big big way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a big difference! Out of curiosity, what brand of kibble were you feeding? I have not switched to raw, which I'm hoping to incorporate soon. I use an organic kibble mixed with organic canned...it's not a raw diet, but after two months putting my pups on it when I got them as puppies, I noticed a change for the better. The dogs coat and breath no longer had a bad smell. Their coats became soft and shiny. The thing that would keep going 100% raw, would be if I ever had board them. I don't know if they would be too accommodating to the raw food. I have been reading lots of literature on this subject, and seeing your blog and what raw has done, has really been very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fed her quite a few kibble brands before, like Eukanuba, Wellness, Orijen 6 Fish & Addiction.

    No matter how high quality or premium any kibble brand claims to be, it makes no difference to me. They are all the same. A kibble is a kibble.

    One thing very clear to me is, kibbles are no help to Rossi's condition. Raw is the one that enabled her to regain her furs & health.

    I strongly believe too, that dogs are not meant to eat pet foods (aka kibbles, etc). They are designed to consume raw.

    Glad to hear that you are looking into raw. Looking forward to read updates of your experiences with raw feeding. :)

    ReplyDelete