Monday, November 1, 2010

Essentials

My first blog entry on the first day of the week and the first day of November. :) Thought I'll just take some pics and share on a few other essentials that I include in Rossi gal's diet. Turmeric is a flavourful spice that I use in my own cooking as well, especially when I cook curry chicken. It is a must-have ingredient in my curry. For Rossi gal, I sprinkle it over her food. Besides its culinary use, Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and liver-protecting properties among other benefits.  

Besides bones, eggshell powder also makes up Rossi gal's calcium requirement.


Spirulina is a "super food", consisting of a variety of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the skin and immune system. Besides this, Spirulina also has many other benefits to the body, but skin and immune system are two specific areas that I hope to see improvements in Rossi gal. I also take Spirulina myself (share with Rossi gal ;p).

Fresh grated garlic (in moderate amounts) is also added to Rossi gal's food for repelling the internal and external pests.


This is the Joint Support liquid that I put into Rossi gal's food daily. It is tasteless, odourless and very easy to administer. I have been giving her this supplement ever since she is diagnosed with Grade 2 Luxating Patella. It works very well for her. (Initially, I was giving her glucosamine tabs too, but eventually I realised this liquid was more effective for her, so I eliminated glucosamine. Besides, the regular bone intake can also help with her joints.) 


Sang Hwang (Wild Lingzhi) is initially advised by Rossi gal's vet, Dr. Ly, to be used for application on her skin. Eventually, I let her take Sang Hwang orally too, as it is a good tonic for boosting the immune system and promoting good general health.


Transfer Factor plus (TF+) is a another good immune system supplement. I give TF+ to Rossi gal to strengthen her immune system, so as to control her demodectic mange condition naturally.


Chamomile is a good natural remedy for calming the nerves and soothing the skin. Occasionally, I give her some chamomile tea to relax herself for a good sleep. She will usually fall into a sound sleep after drinking it. I drink the tea at times and it has the same effect on me too. I will also use chamomile tea to soothe her  skin either by sponging it on her body or as a final rinse during her bath.                                                               
    
       

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Where did u get the hyaflex from? My dog is diagnoised with loose knee caps.. and is on glouca...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I get it from her vet at ARVC.

    ReplyDelete