Monday, October 1, 2012

An Unexpected Visitor

On Friday night, we had an unexpected visitor at our place. Daddy was the one who first discovered the presence of this unusual 'guest'. He fixed his stare on our bedroom window, pointed at it and asked, "What is that up there?"


I looked towards the window and saw a silhouette against the pane. We continued watching it with curiosity and wonder. Then all of a sudden, the silhouette moved and slowly spread out a set of wings.

Upon seeing the wings, Daddy's immediate reaction was, "It's a Bat!!"

It's weird, but the first thing that came to my mind was, "Batman". Then images of my favorite Batman movie, 'Batman Forever' began unfolding in my mind. Following the remincense of the movie, I was reminded of dracula movies and bats' documentaries. It's so weird. @@

All this while, Rossi gal was blissfully unperturbed. She was lying comfortably on the bed by our side, relaxing. It was only when Daddy walked over to the window to take a closer look & a quick snap shot of the bat that Rossi gal's atttention was drawn to the presence of Mr Bat.

Well, I dunno for sure if the bat is a male or female, but the influence of the batman movie automatically led me to think of it as a male.

On a sidenote, Daddy thought Mr Bat looked quite well-fed. On a closer look, I do agree with him. Mr Bat appeared to have a bulging tummy, like he just had a feast. 

It had rained earlier. The weather was cool & wet, so I gathered Mr Bat was looking for a shelter to take a break and decided to do so at our place.

It was our first time having Mr Bat visit at our place after 5 years of living here. Interesting experience, but still, I'm not looking forward to Mr Bat's future vists. 

Batman aside, I couldn't help associating bats with draculas. I also think they look scary and unfriendly.

So Mr Bat, please find elsewhere to nest yourself next time. Give our place a miss. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment