Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Organic German Chamomile Flowers

Last week, I ordered two packs of 'organic German chamomile flowers' for Rossi gal. They arrived yesterday.

Rossi gal sniffing at the packages


When used externally, chamomile is very good and soothing to the skin. I have been using chamomile for Rossi gal's skin since her pup days. I find it effective for relieving itchiness in her skin and calming down any rashes on her skin. Normally, I will throw in a generous amount of chamomile flowers into a bowl, pour hot water into the bowl and make an infusion / tea. Before using on Rossi gal, I will sift out the flowers. I will either sponge the tea on her skin or use it as a final rinse during her bath.

When taken internally, it is very good for calming the nerves & promoting good sleep. Rossi gal will sleep very well for that day when I let her drink the tea. The same goes for me..Yawnzzzz...

There are basically two types of chamomile, German and Roman. Both have similar properties. Besides the above, they are also useful for other stuff. 

If interested, below are two links for further reading.
German Chamomile
Roman Chamomile

No comments:

Post a Comment