Saturday, March 5, 2011

What I got for Rossi gal today..

After a morning of exercise, daddy, me and Rossi gal dropped by the butchery to get some stuff before going home. Daddy & Rossi gal remained in the car, while mummy went to shop herself. Initially, I had just wanted to get some pork and maybe 'window-shop' abit... 

When I walked in, the lamb section was right before me, so I took a look at what they have and decided to get some lamb meaty bones for Rossi gal too. (*Regina, I finally got the lamb shank,haha.)

Pork heart & kidney, with Lamb shoulder rack & Lamb Shank
As I was queuing up to pay for my stuff, I glanced casually towards the frozen section and saw two frozen rabbits in the lower section of the freezer. I did go to the freezer to get the pork organs earlier, but didnt notice the rabbits until then. Without hesitation, I leaned over to the freezer and grabbed one rabbit.

Whole Rabbit
Around evening time, I collected some eggs from Iris. This is my first time getting this brand. The eggs look nice and fair. Then the best thing is, they are Organic Free Range eggs. (*Thanks Iris.)


I gave one to Rossi gal for dinner.

What a pretty, sunny yolk!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Rossi,

    When you feed raw egg, did you just feed the egg yolk or the old egg. How often can we feed raw egg to the dogs? Must it be organic? How about those normal egg that get from supermarket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    The whole egg can be fed. But for Rossi, I just give her the yolk (personal preference).

    Hmm..I give Rossi 1-2 eggs weekly currently. I think there is no specified limit to how often eggs can be fed. There are owners who feed more than 1-2 eggs weekly. But if you wanna feed your dogs eggs, perhaps you can start with 1 egg weekly first and see how they do on it, then from there, you can decide if you wanna increase their intake later on.

    It would be best to give organic eggs. Organic eggs are laid by chickens on organic feeds, which would be much healthier for our dogs, as compared to normal eggs. Normal eggs are from chickens on feeds that can contain amounts of antibiotics & hormones. I know there are owners who give normal eggs too, but my take on this is, if possible, go for organic eggs.

    In fact, even for raw meats & veggies, try to get organic ones whenever possible. Organic stuff definitely costs much more, but they are much better for our dogs.

    *If purchasing organic raw meats is too taxing on the pockets, another good choice is 'Grass-Fed' meats. Grass-Fed meats are more nutritious as compared to Grain-Fed meats.

    ReplyDelete