Saturday, March 19, 2011

'Lucky' Buys

Today, after my AC workshop, I just dropped by one of my usual butcheries to see what they have, as it was very near my workshop location (just a junction away.)

I was pleasantly surprised to know they have finally gotten in organic pork. I have been asking them about it each time I'm there and they have been giving me answers like "No, its not in yet"..."Still expediting with the supplier"..Then when I stepped in to try my luck today, they smiled and told me a cheery yes, they got organic pork, as well as organic lamb too.

So I bought some home. :) 

Organic Pork..the loin, fillet, hind (in cubes) and liver


 Organic Lamb Rack

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    For the lamb rack, do you cut off the fats on e top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I dun cut off the fats, as she is taking the rack in the raw form. Fats in the raw form are good for them, but I can't say the same for cooked fats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icic.. Cos i give them raw food as well... but unsure whether the Fats is okie for them or not and thus been cutting some of it out as much as i can...

    Anyway thanks.. now I know they can safely have the fats.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, nice to know u feed raw too. :)

    Ya, raw fats are good for them. But some might not be able to tolerate too much fats and can lead to soft poo, so in these cases, it be good to trim some fats off. So you gota guage how much fats your dogs are ok with.

    For Rossi, I do trim off some fats when the layer of fat is too thick or if I'm introducing a new protein source. If not, I would usually leave it on. For lamb rack, I do not trim off the fats, cos she is ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah.. been feeding them for about a year or so... but still reading up... and looking at blog like urs or some others that feed raw to get more information and understand better.. and then modified or use what suit my dogs.. =D

    Icic... thanks.. at least now i know raw meat fats are okie for them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tats good. I ve been feeding raw for close to 9 months now & still learning.Trial n error & modify d diet as needed..there is always more to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete